Greek Pasta Salad
by fariba Rajabi
I love the simplicity in making and richness of taste in this salad. I originally learned this recipe from Whole Foods Market. It looked perfect every time I passed the salad bar. I decided to make my own version.
- 1 large red onion, coarsely chopped
- Sweet green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium English cucumber, coarsely chopped
- 150 g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 250 g dried penne pasta
- ½ cup kalamata (black) olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon red wine (grapes) vinegar
- Salt and pepper
Bring a large saucepan of water to boil. Add salt and penne pasta. Cook according to the package cooking directions, until cooked tender but firm to the bite. Drain and let cool.
Mix all the chopped vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Add the olives, oregano, vinegar, olive oil, and salt and pepper. Toss well.
Mix in the cooled past. Transfer to the serving dish and garnish with the cubed feta cheese.
This salad serve 6-8 people.