Rhubapricot Leather Rolls
by fariba Rajabi
Rhubapricot Leather Rolls are the healthiest and most fun summer snack that can be fit into any pocket without any mess! Although this statement is very subjective, one can argue over so many good qualities of this snack. It is not only great to be licked on fresh next day, its main goodness reveals in winter when fresh fruits and summer vegetables are scarce! Well, in my home, Farnaz and Kiamehr almost finished this batch already, so I need to work on my next batch already and this time I have to hide this winter treasure! Hope you like this recipe! Go ahead and make this super tart snack and cause some mouths to water and squeeze!
- Arrange the oven to the lowest temperature it allows.
- Place parchment paper at the bottom of two oven-safe sheet pans; cut the papers slightly bigger to pass the rim. Set aside.
- Chop the apricots and rhubarb into large pieces. Place them in a copper pot (preferable) and add the sugar and water. Bring into a simmer and cook without a lid until fruits are just soft and colour has not changed. Add the lemon juice and remove from heat. Let stand to cool down.
- Transfer the fruit mix to a blender and make it into a purée. Do not over mix or you get air bubbles.
- Using a flat spatula, spread the puree as thin as 1/6 inch. If you like the fruit leather very thin, you may need two sheet pan.
- Place the sheet pan in the warm oven and let dry.
- In the end, cut the sheets into 1.5-inch stripes and roll, roll, and ROLL! Tight with kitchen twine and keep in a container at room temperature.