This salad is full of taste because it has all yummy and flavorful ingredients in one bowl. It is like a gathering for celebration of “taste”. I have made this salad in many occasions, and believe it or not, there has not been a single time when there is been a left over! Since this salad is very easy to mix and makes a lot, it is a great choice for big family barbeque and parties. Or, just simply add some chicken grill and turn it into a dinner for two!
- 1cup Kalamata black olives, seeded
- 1cup cherry tomatoes, halved optional
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh or canned artichokes, cut
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ¼ feta cheese, diced
- 1lb romaine lettuce, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or white balsamic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of salt
Mix the sliced lettuce, cucumber, artichokes, onion, olives, and tomatoes. Add the parmesan cheese and mix well.
Mix pesto with vinegar and salt and add to the salad mix. At the end add olive oil and feta cheese. Toss well.
To serve, transfer into individual dishes or a large serving bowl.